Cycling in Staffordshire
Cyclists in Staffordshire have benefitted from a continued investment in recent years.
This has included new cycle lanes across the county, integrated into highway improvement schemes and as part of permissions for new housing and economic developments.
We have produced a series of district and borough-wide cycle maps and guides.
A cyclist must exercise due care and attention at all times, and obey the Highway Code, including all traffic signs and traffic signals.
- You can cycle on bridleways and byways but you must give way to walkers and horse riders
- You can cycle on cycle tracks and bus lanes if the lane signs include a cycle symbol
- You can cycle on canal towpaths
- You cannot cycle on a pavement or a footpath unless there is a right to do so
- You cannot cycle on open land without the permission of the landowner
Reporting a problem
If you have a complaint or spot a problem on our cycle network you can report a fault online.
If you would like to get in touch with us regarding cycling in Staffordshire please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.