Cycling in Staffordshire
Cyclists in Staffordshire have benefitted from a continued investment in recent years.
This has included new cycle lanes across the county, integrated into highway improvement schemes and as part of permissions for new housing and economic developments.
A cyclist must exercise due care and attention at all times, and obey the Highway Code, including all traffic signs and traffic signals.
- You can cycle on bridleways and byways but you must give way to walkers and horse riders
- You can cycle on cycle tracks and bus lanes if the lane signs include a cycle symbol
- You can cycle on canal towpaths
- You cannot cycle on a pavement or a footpath unless there is a right to do so
- You cannot cycle on open land without the permission of the landowner
Reporting a problem
If you have a complaint or spot a problem on our cycle network you can report a fault online.
If you would like to get in touch with us regarding cycling in Staffordshire please contact email@example.com.