Start-Up Hub - volunteer opportunity
Could you become a Library Start-Up Hub buddy ?
Staffordshire Libraries and Arts Service have received Arts Council England funding to work with Business Enterprise Support (BES) to set up Start-up Hubs in all libraries.
This is an information awareness service available to anybody who is interested in working for themselves.
Libraries will be set up to provide information on self-employment and a dedicated space allocated for start-up promotional materials, leaflets, business related reading books, podcasts and information fact sheets.
Are you ready for an exciting opportunity to help direct people who are interested in working for themselves? To help them access information, training, resources and signpost to other services that will help them!?
You will also:
- Make new friends, there's already over 850 library volunteers
- Develop new skills
- Anyone can volunteer - you don't need qualifications or particular skills
- Make a difference to your community
Location: A Library Start-Up Hub near you. Hubs are coming online throughout 2022 and 2023 across our Library network
Hours: This is an ongoing volunteering opportunity, hours to suit
- To ensure the availability and promotion of high-quality information for people interested in self-employment
- To help with the preparation of start-up events such as seminars, workshops, craft fairs etc
These tasks may vary and could include the following:
- Ensuring a high standard of presentation of the start-up hub space and items are displayed to best effect
- Ensuring leaflets are current and in date and ordering more when stocks are low
- Assisting customers by signposting people to a range of relevant organisations and information
- Assisting the public with the use of Library computers or tablets to access information
- Assist with the gathering of feedback from customers about the support provided
- Liaise with staff from Business Enterprise Support, who provide professional support to the hubs
Skills and experience required:
- Friendly and welcoming manner
- Flexible approach
Training will be provided by Library staff and Business Enterprise Support to help you in this role.
To enquire about this volunteering opportunity please contact your local library or visit about volunteering in libraries and register your interest.
Find out more about Business Enterprise Support: www.enterprisesupport.org