Surrounding South Walls
Staffordshire County Council will be delivering an enhanced cycling and walking scheme along South Walls, Stafford. The scheme will also include a general uplift of the surrounding South Walls area.
The key design features of the South Walls project (1.07MB) are as follows:
- Extension of the existing footway on South Walls to incorporate a shared cycle and pedestrian facility. This will reduce South Walls to one lane entry only
- Enhanced pedestrian infrastructure
- Upgrade of materials and infrastructure used along South Walls between the gyratory and Cope Street to be in-keeping with the surrounding public realm areas
- Existing taxi rank to be moved from Clarke Street to South Walls. Existing taxi rank on Clarke Street to be converted to pay and display parking
- Minor amendments to the existing gyratory to improve capacity and lane discipline
- Reinforcement of the 20mph zone signing
When are the works taking place?
When will the works be completed?
Approximately June 2021
Will I be able to access my home/business?
Yes – at all times.
What effect could the works have on me?
Diversions will be in place so your journey may be slightly longer than usual
How you can help us
You can help us to get the job done with the minimum of fuss by following this advice:
- Please keep children away from the works while they are being implemented to ensure their safety.
- Please drive appropriately through the works.
- Check your shoes before entering your property or car to make sure there is no bitumen from the works.