Staffordshire County Council proposes to implement safety measures to reduce accidents along Waterloo Street, between Byrkley Street and Dallow Street.
The works comprise:
- Relocation/reinstatement of existing speed cushions
- Construction of new speed cushions
- Improved pedestrian crossing infrastructure with new tactile paving and bollards
- Extension of existing footway buildouts
- Relocation of existing bus stops and bus stop flags with timetable
- Amendment of gateway signage
- Improvement of existing road markings and provision of new road markings
When are the works taking place?
Monday 31st January 2022 – Friday 11th March 2022
When will the works be completed?
The works are programmed to last 6 weeks using a combination of a road closure with diversions and a 3-way lights system.
Will I be able to access my home/business?
Pedestrian access will be maintained as usual. Depending on the exact location of the works at the time, vehicular access may be temporarily restricted for safety reasons.
What effect could the works have on me?
Delays should be expected in all the road networks linking to Waterloo Street during the construction period due to the road closure along Waterloo Street. Buses using Waterloo Street will also be redirected to use temporary bus stops.
How you can help us
You can help us to get the job done with the minimum of fuss by following this advice:
- Please keep children away from the works while they are being implemented to ensure their safety.
- Account for possible delays when planning journeys.