We are proposing to carry out highway improvement works at the Beaufort Road / Violet Way junction with Grafton Road at Brizlincote as part of the planning permission granted for the new ‘Encore’ housing development at the former Model Dairy Farm off Grafton Road.
The improvement scheme includes the following elements:
- Replacing the current mini roundabout with a ‘raised table’ to control traffic speed at Grafton Road/Violet Way/Beaufort Road junction
- Relocation and upgrading of an existing bus stop on the northern side of Grafton Road
- Footway and carriageway surfacing works and parking restrictions on Tutbury Drive.
Details of the proposed improvement scheme are shown on the drawing number P15-329 301 Rev L
Concurrently with the above, surfacing works to Tutbury Drive, the new access into the new ‘Encore’ housing development off Grafton Road will commence on 9 August 2021 with completion there programmed for 3 September 2021. Residents directly affected by those works will be contacted directly by the housing developer Strata Homes.
During the highway works, the traffic management proposals are as follows:
- From 12 July 2021 to 25 July 2021: 3-way temporary traffic signals on Grafton Road, Violet Way and Beaufort Road;
- From 26 July 2021 to 31 August 2021: a full road closure at the above junction location with a clearly signed diversion route shown on Drawing Number 32166
- From 9 August 2021 to 3 September 2021: 3-way temporary lights at Grafton Road junction with Tutbury Drive.
When are the works taking place?
The highway improvement works are proposed to commence on Monday 12 July 2021.
When will the works be completed?
The works are expected to take approximately 8 weeks to complete. The improvement works are due to be completed by 31 August 2021
Will I be able to access my home/business?
The improvement works are being undertaken under a full road closure to through traffic along Beaufort Road, Violet Way and Grafton Road between 26 July and 31 August 2021. Notwithstanding this, the site team will ensure that access to homes is maintained at all times.
Throughout the works period a pedestrian route will remain open between Violet Way/ Beaufort Road /Grafton Road through to Woods Lane.
What effect could the works have on me?
Beaufort Road, Violet Way and Grafton Road will be closed to through traffic between 26 July and 31 August 2021 with a diversion route in place along A511 Ashby Road, A444 Stapenhill Road / Stanton Road. This may lead to some inconvenience and delay to journeys for highway users in view of the diversion route being in place.
As an occupant of the properties along either Beaufort Road, Violet Way Grafton Road or Tutbury Drive the site team may ask if you can park your vehicles outside of the works area.
Bus service 18 operated by Midland Classic will be enhanced during the period when the road is closed. The service 18 will add additional peak journeys to an off-peak service. Details of the additional journey may be found within the document entitled Bus timetable Service 18.
How you can help us
You can help us to get the job done with the minimum of fuss by following this advice:
- Please keep children away from the works to ensure their safety.
- Please drive appropriately past the works or around the diversion route.
- Check your shoes before entering your property or car to make sure there is no bitumen from the works.
If you have any questions about the work or concerns about how the work is being carried out, please email email@example.com.