Safer driving practice
Managing Risk on the Roads
Statistics show that road traffic accidents in Staffordshire involving vehicles have reduced by 31% over the past few years. We want to keep it that way with training that combines practical sessions with the ins and outs of road safety and health and safety theory.
Our road safety unit has designed the safer driving practice course specifically for companies who have drivers that make work related journeys.
Employees who drive on company business are now considered to be undertaking a work related activity, and the vehicle they drive is considered a piece of work equipment. They are 50% more likely to become involved in a road traffic accident compared to those taking personal journeys, with driver attitude and competency playing a big part.
Corporate manslaughter legislation now paves the way for businesses to be prosecuted if their employees are involved in a road traffic accident and a failing in the companies 'duty of care' is deemed to be a contributory factor. Do you want to take the risk?
What we can offer
There are three courses available that can be tailored to your needs; full day, half day or 2 hour one to one driving assessment.
- Full Day - half day classroom based interactive session followed by half day practical defensive driving session - £105 per delegate.
- Half Day - classroom based interactive session - £46 per delegate. Two hour interactive practical risk management based session delivered on a one to one basis - £75 per delegate.
Prices may be subject to change.
Benefits of Training:
- Reduced risk to road traffic incidents.
- Addresses work related journeys under the Corporate Manslaughter Act.
- Gives techniques to reduce stress and fatigue while driving.
- Reduces the risk of road traffic incidents.
- Reduce accident costs and down time.
- Raises your company profile.
- Addresses environmental issues.
Did you know...
If you employ five or more people you are legally required to have a health and safety policy in place which ideally should have a provision for managing work related journeys.
We can help by providing assistance and guidance and a health and safety policy toolkit, free of charge.
If you would like an informal discussion about this course please contact the road safety unit on 0300 111 8012.
Website: Staffordshire Safer Roads Partnership