We use cookies on this site We and our partners use cookies and collect information from your browser. This lets us deliver content and relevant adverts to you. It also helps us to understand our audience better. See our privacy policy to learn more about how we manage your data and your rights. See our cookies policy to see how we use cookies and tracking technology. To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.

Pedestrian crossings

You can request the following crossings: central refuges, zebra, puffin or toucan crossings.

Requesting a crossing

Please contact us to discuss any issues that could be resolved by using methods other than crossings.

Please note: A pedestrian crossing will only be considered if other traffic calming measures are not effective.

If you would still like to request a crossing you should ask for support from your local Councillor. You would then need to make your request for pedestrian crossings in writing to:

Customer Service Centre
2 Staffordshire Place
Tipping Street
ST16 2DH

What happens when a request is made?

When you request a crossing we will look into the following:

  • Accident records involving pedestrians
  • amount of traffic (both vehicles and pedestrians)
  • any difficulties faced from traffic speed
  • how long pedestrians have to wait to cross the road
  • the location (close to schools or stations)
  • what type of crossing would be best

Report a problem

If you notice an issue with a pedestrian crossing, including any problems with lighting, you can report the issue online.

There are no results that match your search criteria

Share this information
  • facebook17
  • twitter17
  • intagram17
  • email17