Our use of cookies We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.

Report problem parking

We are able to carry out parking enforcement where parking restrictions exist. The civil enforcement team can also address the blocking of dropped kerb pedestrian / disabled crossing points and vehicle access crossings.

Traffic regulation orders

If any of the following parking restrictions are in place, please report any parking contravention online, and our civil enforcement officers will assess and if deemed necessary arrange a visit to the location.

  • Time limited waiting bays
  • Double/single yellow lines
  • On street pay and display bays
  • Permit parking schemes
  • Disabled parking bays
  • Loading bays
  • Bus stops
  • Taxi bays
  • School keep clears
  • Clearways
  • Dropped kerb access (written consent from the property owner is required)
  • Pedestrian crossings
  • Double parking (vehicles parked more than 50cm from the kerb line)
  • Weight restrictions

If there is not a traffic regulation order in place, you can still report certain types of problem parking below:

If you would like to request a new traffic regulation order at your location (double yellow lines etc), please visit our Report It online form and select the parking icon found under 'road safety'. You can also report damaged signs on Report It.

Police issues

Any issue of a vehicle parked dangerously or causing an obstruction is a matter for the police.

The police can also address offences of:

  • wilful and unnecessary obstruction on the road or footway
  • the blocking of pedestrian/disabled crossing points and vehicle access crossings
  • dangerous parking on chevrons at pedestrian crossings
  • parking on a road where there are double white lines and issues of double parking (vehicles parked more than 50cm from the kerb line)
  • parking too close to a junction.

Moving traffic offences remain the responsibility of the police.

These offences may be subject to immediate fine and do not come under the remit of civil enforcement officers.

Where there are no traffic regulation orders or parking restrictions in place, such as yellow lines, please contact the police via the non-emergency number 101.

There are no results that match your search criteria

Latest transport news

Work on main road roundabout in Biddulph begins

Work to create access to a new supermarket in Biddulph off a main road roundabout begins this week.
20 September 2021

Think Before You Park When Doing the School Run

Parents and carers are being encouraged to think before they park now that pupils have returned to the classroom.
14 September 2021

Successful electric scooter trial in Staffordshire comes to an end

A 12-month trial to bring sustainable transport into two Staffordshire towns through electric scooter hire comes to an end this week.
14 September 2021

Staffordshire to back National Road Safety Campaign

Drivers in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent are being reminded about the importance of safe driving as part of a national campaign.
13 September 2021

Visit the Staffordshire Newsroom

Contacting the chat service.

Please wait...
Chat with us
digital assistant
Enter your question below