List of streets maintainable at public expense
What is the list of streets?
The list of streets is directed under Section 36 (6) of the Highways Act 1980 and lists all streets which are believed to be highway maintainable at public expense (HMPE). Please refer to our list of streets (3.4 MB) for details.
List of streets disclaimer
- The list has been prepared using the available information from records we have compiled and is correct to the best of our knowledge. It does not, however, constitute a definitive statement as to the status of any particular highway.
- This is not a comprehensive list of the entire highway network in Staffordshire although the majority of streets are included for information purposes.
- The extent of the HMPE is not available on the list and can only be determined through the highway extent search process.
- The list of streets is a live record and is constantly being amended and updated. We aim to update and republish it every 3 months. Like many rural authorities, where some highways have no name at all, we usually record our information using a road numbering reference system. More information will update the list as it becomes available.
- The list does not contain recorded public rights of way as shown on our 1976 Definitive Map, nor does it contain streets that are privately maintained. Please refer to public rights of way for more information.
- The list is our property and is only available to the public for viewing purposes. It must not be copied or distributed.