Social distancing and hygiene at Stoke on Trent City Archives
The information below sets out how we ensure social distancing and hygiene when the office is open to the public.
Spaces for research will be limited.
Please ensure that you read the guidance below so that you are well-prepared for your visit.
Access to the building
- NHS Track and Trace QR code is available as you enter the building
- All visits are by appointment
- Visitors will be given a brief social distancing and hygiene induction on arrival. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any queries or concerns
- Before you enter Stoke-on-Trent City Archives (Floor 3 of City Central Library building) we encourage hand sanitising (the dispenser is mounted on the wall next to lift).
- A hand sanitiser dispenser is available in our reading room
- Members of the public visiting our building are encouraged to wear face coverings
- Perspex screens have been installed in front of staff work-stations
- If you would like to use gloves during your visit, please ask duty staff
- We are encouraging online payment where possible, in order to limit cash handling, so we ask where possible, that you pay for services received online preferably while you are with us on your booked pc or mobile phone.
- One person, or two people visiting together may use our Reception area at any time
- Three visitor spaces are available in the Reading Room per day. We can only accommodate 2 people visiting together each day, as we cannot safely accommodate more than 4 customers in our Reading Room
- Visitors with disabilities who require the help of a personal assistant are very welcome. Please inform us when you make your reservation, so that we may allocate the most suitable place for you and your assistant
- Due to the limited space available, please avoid walking around the reading room if another person is already doing so
- Only one person, or two people visiting together, is permitted in our reception area at any one time
Our public service arrangements will be reviewed on a regular basis, so please check out relevant web pages prior to each visit.