Social distancing and hygiene at Staffordshire Record Office
The information below sets out how we ensure social distancing and hygiene when the office is open to the public.
Spaces for research are limited and social distancing measures remain in place.
Please ensure that you read the guidance below so that you are well-prepared for your visit.
We have also produced a video showing the arrangements at Staffordshire Record Office, available on our YouTube channel:
Access to the building
- All visits are by appointment only
- Admission to the building is staff-controlled. Please ring the doorbell to the left of the automatic doors and staff will release the door
- Casual callers will not be admitted
- Visitors will be given a brief social distancing and hygiene induction on arrival. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any queries or concerns
- To leave the building please press the door release button. For re-admission please ring the doorbell
- Toilet facilities are available - cleaning of the facilities will take place before we open in the morning and again at lunchtime
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are available in the entrance hall and searchroom
- We ask that visitors wear a face covering when moving through the building.
- Perspex screens have been installed in front of staff work-stations
- If you would like to use gloves during your visit, please ask duty staff
- We are avoiding cash handling, so we ask that you pay online for services received when you return home. We will send you an email to notify you of the cost and how to pay online, using our secure payments server
- For reasons of hygiene, certain resources will not be available – microfiches, books and paper catalogues
- Please wash or sanitise your hands before and after using the drinks machine
- Please wash your hands before leaving the building
- One person may use the public entrance hall at any time
- Four visitor spaces are available in the searchroom at any time
- Visitors with disabilities who require the help of a personal assistant are very welcome. Please inform us when you make your reservation, so that we may allocate the most suitable place for you and your assistant
- Due to the limited space available, please avoid walking around the searchroom if another person is already doing so
- Our drinks machine may be used, but visitors must take their drink outside to consume it, so that the entrance hall is free for people who may need to use the toilet facilities or access their locker
- You are welcome to bring your own food and drink
- The benches in the courtyard may be used
Please note: our public service arrangements will be reviewed on a regular basis, so please check out relevant web pages prior to each visit.