Staffordshire Place Guide - Burton upon Trent
Burton upon Trent
All of the links in the table below enable you to view Collection catalogues in our online catalogue Gateway to the Past. Where there is no link this is either because we hold the collection but the catalogue is not yet online, or because the collection is held by another Archive Service, or is still in the hands of the organisation itself.
- OS County Series 6 inches to 1 mile sheet: 40SE, 41SW
- OS National Grid 6 inches to 1 mile sheet: SK22SE
- OS National Grid reference: SK251228
Church of England
- Ancient Parish: Burton upon Trent, St Modwen
- Ancient Chapelry: Sheen, St Luke (see note 1)
- Modern Parishes: Branston, St Saviour (from 1870); Burton upon Trent, All Saints (from 1898); Burton upon Trent, Christ Church (from 1825); Burton upon Trent, Holy Trinity (from 1825); Burton upon Trent, St Aidan, Shobnall (from 1916); Burton upon Trent, St Chad (from 1903); Burton upon Trent, St Paul (from 1873); Horninglow, St John the Divine (from 1867); Stretton, later Stretton with Claymills, St Mary (from 1844); Winshill (from 1867)
- Civil Parishes: Burton upon Trent (to 1904); Branston (1866-1904); Horninglow (1866-1904); Stretton (1866-1904); Winshill (Derbyshire) (1866-1904); Burton upon Trent County Borough (1904-1974)
- Hundred: Offlow North
- Poor Law Union: Burton Poor Law Union (1836-1930)
- District Council: Burton upon Trent Municipal Borough (1878-1901), later Burton upon Trent County Borough (1901-1974); Tutbury Rural District (1894-1974); East Staffordshire Borough (1974-date)
- Parliamentary Constituency (to 1974): Northern Staffordshire (1832-1867; East Staffordshire (1867-1885); Burton (1885-1974)
- Methodist Churches: Belvedere Road Primitive Methodist, later St Thomas' Methodist, Church, Burton; Byrkley Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Burton; Carlton Street United Methodist Chapel, Burton; Church Hill Street Methodist Chapel, Winshill; George Street United Methodist Chapel, Burton; High Bank Road Methodist Chapel, Winshill; Horninglow Methodist Church, Horninglow; Mosley Street Primitive Methodist Chapel, Burton; Parker Street Primitive Methodist Chapel, Burton; Queensbridge Methodist Chapel, Burton; Shobnall Methodist Church, Shobnall; Short Street Primitive Methodist, later Methodist, Chapel, Burton; Station Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Burton; Stretton United Free Methodist Chapel, Stretton; Sydney Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Burton; Trinity Methodist Church, George Street, Burton; Uxbridge Street Free Methodist Chapel, Burton; Victoria Street United Methodist Chapel, Burton
- Congregational, Presbyterian and United Reformed churches: High Street Congregational Church; Trinity Presbyterian Church, Cross Street
- Society of Friends (Quakers): Burton on Trent Preparative Meeting; Uttoxeter and Burton Preparative Meeting
- Note 1: Sheen was part of the parish of Burton upon Trent for ecclesiastical purposes only, 1541-1743. For civil information please see separate entry.
- Note 2: This link provides a hitlist of photographs included within a larger collection covering the entire county.