Staffordshire Place Guide - Bentley
All of the links in the table below enable you to view Collection catalogues in our online catalogue Gateway to the Past. Where there is no link this is either because we hold the collection but the catalogue is not yet online, or because the collection is held by another Archive Service, or is still in the hands of the organisation itself.
- OS County Series 6 inches to 1 mile sheet: 63NW
- OS National Grid 6 inches to 1 mile sheet: SO99NE
- OS National Grid reference: SO986990
Church of England
- Civil Parish: Wolverhampton (to 1866); Bentley (1866-1934); Darlaston (1934-1966); Short Heath (1934-1966)
- Hundred: Offlow South
- Poor Law Union: Walsall Poor Law Union (1836-1930). See note 1.
- District Council (a): Part : Walsall Rural District (1894-1934); Darlaston Urban District (1934-1966); Wolverhampton County Borough (1966-1974); Wolverhampton Borough (1974-date). See note 2.
- District Council (b): Part : Walsall Rural District (1894-1934); Short Heath Urban District (1934-1966); ? Wolverhampton County Borough (1966-1974); Wolverhampton Borough (1974-date). See note 2
- Parliamentary Constituency (to 1974): taffordshire (1867-1885); Handsworth (1885-1918); Cannock (1918-1948); Walsall North (part) and Walsall South (part) (1948-1974)
- Note 1: Records held by Walsall Local History Centre. Catalogues available on Access to Archives website
- Note 2: Records held by Walsall Local History Centre or Wolverhampton Archives, as appropriate.