Staffordshire Place Guide - Ashley
All of the links in the table below enable you to view Collection catalogues in our online catalogue Gateway to the Past. Where there is no link this is either because we hold the collection but the catalogue is not yet online, or because the collection is held by another Archive Service, or is still in the hands of the organisation itself.
- OS County Series 6 inches to 1 mile sheet: 22SE
- OS National Grid 6 inches to 1 mile sheet: SJ73NE
- OS National Grid reference: SJ763365
Church of England
- Civil Parish: Ashley
- Hundred: Pirehill North
- Poor Law Union: Drayton Poor Law Union (1836-1930). See note 1.
- District Council: Blore Heath Rural District (1894-1932); Newcastle under Lyme Rural District (1932-1974); Newcastle under Lyme Borough (1974-date)
- Parliamentary Constituency (to1974): Northern Staffordshire (1832-1867); North Staffordshire (1867-1885); North Western Staffordshire (1885-1918); Stone (1918-1948); Stafford and Stone (1948-1974)
- Note 1: Records held at Shropshire Archives. Catalogue available on Access to Archives (A2A) website.
- Note 2: This link provides a hitlist of photographs included within a larger collection covering the entire county.