One in four adults will experience poor mental health at some point in their lifetime. There are ways to help build and strengthen your resilience and have a positive outlook on life.
Taking care of your mental wellbeing
The 'five ways to wellbeing' focus on five easy ways to help look after your mental wellbeing. They are:
- Connect - talk and listen, be there, feel connected, make social connections with others.
- Be active - do what you can, enjoy what you do, move your mood. Get active to enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
- Take notice - remember the simple things that give you joy. Find out how to take notice on the mindfulness pages from NHS Choices.
- Learn - embrace new experiences, see opportunities, surprise yourself. There are many learning opportunities in the county.
- Give - your time, your words, your presence. Consider searching for volunteering opportunities in the local area.
Research shows that positive actions that impact in our day to day life can add up to 7-12 years onto your life and make you feel good day-to-day.
Build the ' five ways to wellbeing' into your daily life to improve your wellbeing.
Please note: The five ways to wellbeing are not substitutes for professional support. If you are worried about the mental health of someone you care about or have concerns about your own mental health, you need to make an appointment with your GP.
Health and wellbeing planner
Use this planner to make some postive changes to your lifestyle.
Cannock Chase 'Time to Change' hub
Cannock Chase Mental Health Hub was set up in October 2018 to improve communication and networking between all sectors providing support for Mental Health in the Cannock Chase area.
Meetings are held on the first Monday of every calendar month at 10am, at Hednesford Park Pavilion, Rugeley Road, Hednesford, WS12 1TB.
We are working closely with the Mental Health Hub, acting as the ‘hub host’ in order to support the hub’s development and reach to as many people across the Cannock Chase district as possible.
For more information about the hub please contact Lynn Evans on 07855 099353