Our use of cookies We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button. No, give me more info

Warning of website maintenance - Sunday 14th August

Guidelines for using specialist support services

In Staffordshire, all children and young people with a hearing impairment are entitled to the support from the HI team regardless of the level of need and the level of support they require. Therefore this section is addressed in the previous two sections.  However, if the child or young person requires the support of outside agencies for learning or SEMH needs please refer to the relevant sections for more details.

For higher levels of need where the funding will exceed the £6,000 provided it is likely that the pupil will be severely or profoundly hearing impaired and may have additional needs. It is likely that signing support will be used to access the curriculum and that a Communication Support Worker may be required. An EHCP may be needed and further advice must be sought from the TOD.


If you have any feedback for this website, please tell us your thoughts.


For further information please see our disclaimer.

Contacting the chat service.

Please wait...
Chat with us
digital assistant