We know that times continue to be tough for local businesses.
But the good news is research is showing that there’s never been a better time to promote your business and your products to Staffordshire people - with far more now recognising how important shopping locally is to local families, communities, jobs, and the wider community. More people want to spend more locally!
The #ThinkStaffordshireFirst campaign then isn’t to stop people buying what they want to buy or how they want to buy it. It’s about getting them to stop, think and explore what local businesses can help them first.
It’s about dispelling the myths that ‘local costs'
The county council and partners will be running the #ThinkStaffordhsireFirst campaign well into December to help local people get into the habit of thinking about local businesses first.more.’ It’s about showing how spending more locally makes a big difference to everyone. It’s about showcasing local businesses who are now selling more online and the surprising, and it’s about the unique products and business that are one of reasons that Staffordshire is still a great place to live.
Do you want people to think about your local business first? Be a part of the campaign.
There’s many ways that you can increase local trade by being a part of the campaign:
- Download the digital marketing collateral to use across your channels – many of these are social media ‘frames’ that you can use with images of your products - Remember to use the hashtag #ThinkStaffordshireFirst and the county council and partners will share your posts to thousands of potential new customers!
- Create a short ‘selfie’ video - 30 seconds is the best length. Just get your phone, introduce yourself and business and answer the question ‘Why should people think about buying from me first?’ You can then send to us via social media or at firstname.lastname@example.org, or straight to the #ThinkStaffordshireFirst hashtag.
- Get online on Local Food Drops – The county council has teamed up with local company iWeb to offer you the chance to sell food and essentials to even more people. If you offer safe click and collect or delivery options and you operate in Staffordshire, you can sign up for free. The campaign will be directing more people top the website in November so make sure you sign up now! See if you qualify.
- Send email@example.com information about how people can buy online from you – whether that’s through social media or a website. Send us a link! If you don’t sell online but offer a great quality, cost competitive product that might be of interest to people over the next few months, get in touch.
- Got a great story to tell? Is your business a critical part of the community? You may have been serving the community for generations. You may employ local people and have great new food, essential supplies or health and wellbeing products or services available because of Covid-19. You may have ‘local’ at your heart and support the local community in some way. If you’ve got a great story that can help spread the ‘shop local’ and ‘#ThinkStaffordshireFirst’ message, get in touch.
Remind people to #ThinkStaffordshireFirst!
If you want to remind customers to think about buying locally first, feel free to download the marketing collateral below to use on your email and social media channels. Remember to use the hashtag #ThinkStaffordshireFirst and we’ll share it to thousands more potential customers!