Organisations we've handpicked for you
Everyone Health Social Isolation and Loneliness Service
- Offering a series of free social sessions for those 18 and over who live in Staffordshire and want to connect with others. The weekly timetable includes quiz and puzzle groups, baking sessions, bingo, book clubs, history sessions, wildlife groups and fitness sessions – all done online or over the telephone.
Staffordshire Community Learning
- Offering range of online courses for adults aged 19 and over, enabling you to meet new people, learn new skills and develop interests.
- A service developed for those who love books and reading but are unable to visit a library at this time. This service offers a series of four chats, once a week, on the theme of books and reading. The chats can be about a favourite author, book, genre, new titles or anything else book related that takes your fancy.
- Connecting you with help and support in your community via a directory of trusted organisations that offer loneliness and befriending services.
Places of welcome
- Offering a network of local community groups where people can belong, connect and contribute. Their Bringing People Together programme also offers a series of online and telephone-based sessions to help people to safely connect with their neighbours and form lasting friendships.
Make Some Noise
- One of the leading music charities in the West Midlands that aims to inspire positive social, emotional and educational progress for young people through music and the creative arts. Its incredible team of professional musicians are trained to work with young people to help build their confidence, skills and emotional wellbeing.
- Offer some amazing community initiatives that can help combat loneliness. They are bringing local people together through their Phone Buddies befriending service. They also run an at home Craft and Wood buddies group where you can take part in crafting and wood working activities from the comfort of your own home. You can get in touch by completing a form online, emailing
or calling Sue on 07837309697. You can also connect with them on
Rugeley Supportive Neighbours -If you live in Rugeley and need any help to connect with your community, make sure you get in touch with the Rugeley Supportive Neighbours group. You can find them on Facebook and connect with your local community. They can also help connect you to a local befriending group where you can get a regular call from a friendly check in call. Get in touch by emailing
Heath Hayes and Wimblebury Support Group - This group has come together to look out for vulnerable people living in their area. The group offer an informal befriending service where they will connect you to likeminded people in your area. You can
join their facebook group
and be connected with over 1,000 local residents. You can send them a message for help, or you can call 07368448667 or email them on
East Staffordshire Family Support
- Offering free, one-to-one family support for a wide range of issues as well as specific parent-focused support groups offering practical fun, activities and sessions to help you feel supported and engaged.
Burton Albion Community Trust
- Offering a range of activities designed to help build healthier and happier communities in Burton and the surrounding areas, including their programmes to help with loneliness, Tackling Loneliness Together, Extra Time Hub and TeamTalk.
Trent and Dove Housing
- Offering affordable housing and a wide range of support services to transform homes, lives and communities. Their community engagement team offers practical support, training and volunteering opportunities, along with a dedicated Befriending and Wellbeing Officer. For more information you can call: 01283 528528 or visit their
MHA Communities Lichfield and District
- Offering programmes to tackle loneliness and isolation for people over 55 - helping you lead a fulfilled life and remain as active members in your local communities.
Burntwood Be a Friend
- A network of local community partners who have come together to help people in need in Burntwood. Offering practical support and a befriending service.
- Emotional and practical support for families in Newcastle Under Lyme. Offering family support groups and sessions and activities for mums and dads to help tackle loneliness.
North Staffs LinkLine
- A free telephone befriending service for the vulnerable over the age of 55 years old, living in the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme. Operating each weekday morning from 9.30am-12.30pm, a dedicated team of volunteers offer the opportunity for you to build lasting, meaningful and trusting relationships to help reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness.
South Staffordshire Council Befriending Service
- If you are feeling lonely or would like someone to talk to, a friendly voice on the end of the phone is now available. Being self-isolated can make you feel separated from everyone, but a friendly voice and a regular chat is at hand.
Stafford and Rural Homes: Be Connected
- Offering weekly telephone quizzes, virtual craft sessions, live music, bingo and befriending calls.
House of Bread
- The Breadline telephone service connects you to a friendly volunteer for a chat. They can also support with connecting you with other services and programmes that can help you to beat loneliness.
Moorlands Home Link
- Offering a regular telephone befriending service for the elderly. You’ll be connected with a befriender who has similar interests to help you build a meaningful and valuable relationship.
- Support for young people aged 5-25 through wellbeing sessions and interest groups as well as parent support sessions and training.
Communities Together CIC
- If you live in Tamworth and are feeling lonely you can contact the Tamworth Telephone Support Line. You’ll be connected with one of their friendly volunteers who will call you regularly for a chat and check that you’re well.
Home Instead: Memory Cafe
- Offers support, signposting, activities and groups to help you connect with others and beat loneliness.
© Staffordshire County Council
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our
No, give me more info