What funding is available?
NHS Charities Together, Grant Scheme
We know that many community groups and organisations across Staffordshire are working extremely hard to support the people who need it most within our communities.
These grants are to support community partnerships in recognition of the impact of COVID-19 on the wider community, in particular for local people affected by loneliness and isolation.
The grant can be used to help local people using the following criteria:
- Using existing services to reach people at risk of loneliness and isolation
- Maintain and enable social connection through interventions such as group activities and befriending services.
- Help to keep people engaged and connected, including through technology and planning.
- Create the conditions for social connection, including asset-based community development and positive ageing.
Before you apply
Please ensure you have read the guidance before applying.
Whilst the county council cannot do or fund everything it once did or would like to do, there is some funding available from the county council or other organisations in Staffordshire to support priority areas.
Some of them are ‘match-funding’, which means that they will match the money raised by the community or from other sources. Crowdfund Staffordshire is an online platform that can help you harness the power of the crowd and reach thousands of people interested in supporting good causes. It’s easy to set up your project on Crowdfund Staffordshire.
Did you know that 75% of people in Staffordshire regularly donate to good causes? It’s well worth getting started on Crowdfund Staffordshire to unlock the power of the crowd and make your ideas a reality. If you’re fundraising to do a project to help vulnerable children and families, you could get up to £5,000 to help.
Other funding options
- Staffordshire Children and Families Fund - £5,000 for community projects using Crowdfund Staffordshire that support vulnerable families and children to avoid crisis.
- In Tamworth - Grants are available from Tamworth Borough Council which include sports grants and grants for voluntary organisations grants.
- We Love Lichfield - up to £1,000 for organisations who provide facilities or services for local people.
- #iwill Fund – supporting projects that get young people involved in social action.
- Community Paths Initiative - Matching funding of up to £2,000 for projects that support people’s use of the public right of way network in Staffordshire. Available to Parish or Town Councils, landowners, community or resident groups and interest groups. Find more information on the community paths initiative web pages.
- Rural Development Fund - providing small grants of up to £1000 to small rural community groups across Staffordshire and Stoke, where they have a specific need.
- Envirogrant - Are you a community group that wants to improve your community and environment? Thanks to our partnership with Veolia, grants of up to £1000 are available from September 2019.