What funding is available?
Community Climate Change Action Fund
We recognise that many groups, schools and parish councils are coming up with great ideas to reduce the impact of climate change. To support these groups, we are offering grants of up to £1000 to help to build resilience and reduce our contributions to climate change at a local level.
The grant can be used to fund new projects that can:
- Reduce carbon impact
- Improve air quality
- Adapt to climate change
Find out more in the grant scheme guidance. Applications must be received by 29 January 2021.
Community Grants Scheme
We know that many community groups and organisations across Staffordshire are working extremely hard to support the people who need it most within our communities.
To help, we’re offering grants of up to £2,500 to groups that are making a difference to vulnerable older people or children and families in Staffordshire.
The grant can be used to support new or existing projects that:
- Support older people to be more independent, reduce social isolation or improve their general health and wellbeing, or
- Help families stay together, support them to reach their full potential, as well improve their wellbeing are also welcome.
Find out more in the grant scheme guidance.
Please note: This scheme has now closed.
A Word version of the form (168 KB) is also available for download. Once completed, please return the form to email@example.com
Whilst the county council cannot do or fund everything it once did or would like to do, there is some funding available from the county council or other organisations in Staffordshire to support priority areas.
Some of them are ‘match-funding’, which means that they will match the money raised by the community or from other sources. Crowdfund Staffordshire is an online platform that can help you harness the power of the crowd and reach thousands of people interested in supporting good causes. It’s easy to set up your project on Crowdfund Staffordshire.
Did you know that 75% of people in Staffordshire regularly donate to good causes? It’s well worth getting started on Crowdfund Staffordshire to unlock the power of the crowd and make your ideas a reality. If you’re fundraising to do a project to help vulnerable children and families, you could get up to £5,000 to help.
Other funding options
- The National Lottery Community Fund provide grants and national funding programmes, including Awards for All, Reaching Communities England, as well as other National Lottery funders.
- Many types of funding are available from partners and organisations across Staffordshire. Browse the funding listed on the Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services (SCVYS) and the Support Staffordshire websites.
- You can get advice on writing funding applications from Support Staffordshire.
- Staffordshire Children and Families Fund - £5,000 for community projects using Crowdfund Staffordshire that support vulnerable families and children to avoid crisis.
- In Tamworth - Grants are available from Tamworth Borough Council which include sports grants and grants for voluntary organisations grants.
- Many types of funding available from partners and organisations across Staffordshire.
- Stafford Borough Council Small Grants – Grants of up to £20,000 to help people increase their changes of finding work.
- We Love Lichfield - up to £1,000 for organisations who provide facilities or services for local people.
- The Connecting Communities Grant in Tamworth – Form £500 to £5,000 for projects supporting individuals, families and children in Tamworth.
- #iwill Fund – supporting projects that get young people involved in social action.
- Community Paths Initiative - Matching funding of up to £2,000 for projects that support people’s use of the public right of way network in Staffordshire. Available to Parish or Town Councils, landowners, community or resident groups and interest groups. Find more information on the community paths initative web pages.
- Rural Development Fund - providing small grants of up to £1000 to small rural community groups across Staffordshire and Stoke, where they have a specific need.
- Envirogrant - Are you a community group that wants to improve your community and environment? Thanks to our partnership with Veolia, grants of up to £1000 are available from September 2019.