Testing for people without symptoms
Residents are being encouraged to book a COVID test twice a week – even if they have no symptoms.
We know that one in three people who have the virus show no symptoms, so it is important we identify more of the “silent spreaders” of the virus if we are to break the chain of infection.
While the roll out of the vaccine has brought hope, it will be several months before everyone is vaccinated and many more months before the full benefit.
That’s why we need to keep testing even if you have had the vaccine.
So join us now in helping keep life moving again in Staffordshire and book a test today.
We now have a network of Community Testing Centres and Testing Pop-Ups across Staffordshire, making it easier than ever before to book a rapid Covid test and get a result in around 30 minutes. So, book online now or just turn up.
These are open to everyone who lives or works in Staffordshire.
Community Test & Collect
In an effort to get as many people in the county involved in getting regular Covid tests, we have opened up our Test & Collect offer to everyone who wants to collect a pack, subject to availability.
The centres offering Test & Collect are:
- Cannock – Cannock Leisure Centre every day
- East Staffordshire – Hillfield House every day
- Lichfield – St John’s Church every day
- Newcastle – Seabridge Centre every day
- South Staffordshire – Wombourne Library every day
- Stafford – Kingston Centre every day and Walton Community Centre, Stone every day
- Staffordshire Moorlands – Brough Park Leisure Centre Leek (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs & Sun). Biddulph Leisure Centre (Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat). South Moorlands Leisure Centre Cheadle (Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat)
- Tamworth – Ankerside Shopping Centre, every day
You can find your nearest one and check if they are open at Find a test centre (test-and-trace.nhs.uk).
Other collection points
People can also collect two kits from the national testing sites between 2.30pm and 8pm only. Testing for people with symptoms takes place outside these hours. You do not need to make an appointment.
The Government's national testing sites in Staffordshire are:
Regional Drive Through Testing Sites
- Beaconside in Stafford
- BET365 Stadium in Stoke-on-Trent
- Meadowside Drive Car Park in Burton
Local Testing Sites
- Keele Science and Innovation Park
- Ryecroft Car Park, Newcastle
- Spinning Lane Car Park, Tamworth
- Beecroft Road Car Park, Cannock
- Hagley Park School, Rugeley
You can also:
Home delivery of tests
Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests
You can use this service to order free packs of rapid lateral flow tests to be sent to your home in England.
A pack of tests contains 7 tests. You can order one pack per household each day by clicking on the link below..
Order rapid latertal flow tests.
Other testing options
Your employer if they offer testing.
What if I have symptoms?
Anyone with symptoms should only book a national test. Anyone who is self-isolating as a close contact should only book a test if they develop symptoms and this should be booked through the national system only.