Lateral flow testing
Staffordshire was one of the first areas to pilot the Lateral Flow Test (LFT). By widening our offer of testing, through onsite and home testing, we can identify more people who have the virus and need to self-isolate, which in turn stops the spread of infection and reduces the number of cases.
In our first phase of roll out, we targeted the tests in several settings including educational, public sector partners, businesses, care providers and communities where the case rates were highest. Regular asymptomatic testing remains a beneficial element of COVID-19 response and recovery, alongside the deployment of the vaccination programme. Therefore, our ambition is the continued support to local high-risk businesses and public bodies, to help protect and enable critical services to continue to operate as effectively and as safely as possible.
Our asymptomatic testing scheme (ATS) provides:
- access to local advice and guidance, including training and quality assurance of your testing arrangements
- access to ‘free’ lateral flow test kit supplies for onsite and at home testing
Onsite testing is the preferred testing model, since a setting has greater assurance the test is conducted and recorded correctly. However, we appreciate that this may not be an appropriate option for all settings and home testing may be more viable.
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- staff willing to be trained to oversee the LFT test process
- willingness to test regularly (preferably twice a week) and share results with Staffordshire County Council and GOV.UK
- more than 30 employees, if you are a business that has a trading address within Staffordshire
If you have any questions or would like to talk through your options and gain some support, please email COVIDsupport4businesses@staffordshire.gov.uk or contact:
- Diane Roberts: 07890 600414
- Rebecca Wilson: 07855 336972
Alternatively, please complete the application form below and we will be in contact with you.
For businesses with less than 30 employees, we suggest they are directed to get a supply of lateral flow tests to do at home, or at a local test site. There are lots of options to suit you and your employees.
Do not use a rapid lateral flow test or go to a test site if you or your employees have symptoms. Anyone with symptoms should order a PCR test and stay at home.
We are aware of an intermittent issue with this website when using Internet Explorer. This website is optimised for using Chrome or Edge. If you are using Internet Explorer, please re-open the website in an alternate browser. Thank you.