Burton Extra Full Guidance
Areas currently covered by the Burton Extra Advice are: Anglesey, Shobnall, Horninglow and Eton Park only.
Symptoms and Test & Trace
- England: Anyone with symptoms must stay home and get a Covid-19 test. If you test positive you will need to stay home for 10 days. This means staying at home 24 hours a day. Children should not be sent to school if they have symptoms. If the house is large enough cases should stay away from other household members – for example staying in their own room and using a separate bathroom. If you need help or advice please call us on 0300 111 8950.
- Burton Extra: Spot checks are being made on confirmed cases to make sure people are not going out.
- England: If you test positive, everyone you live with and other people you have been in close contact with will need to stay in for 14 days. Close contacts of confirmed cases must isolate for 14 days from the start of the case’s symptoms or the date of their positive test result if they have no symptoms. Close contacts of confirmed cases must isolate for the full 14 days even if they have a negative test result. If you are unable to get a test then unfortunately you must stay home for 10 days from the start of your symptoms and everyone you live with must stay home for 14 days.
- Burton Extra: Follow-up letters are being sent and visits will be made to homes to make sure people are not going out
Face coverings and social distancing
- England: Face covering must be worn in the majority of indoor public places, including all shops and on public transports. Medical exceptions apply. The list of places where face coverings are required is here. Face coverings must be worn properly, covering the nose and mouth, and not dangling under the chin.
- Burton Extra: Checks are being carried out. Fines will be considered for those not wearing one without a reason. Supermarkets and shopping centres are being visited on a weekly basis.
- England: It is now against the law for people to meet in groups of more than six indoors or out. The rules do not apply to work or education settings. A list of exemptions to the “rule of six” is available here
- Burton Extra: You should avoid meeting with other households, this includes other households in your ‘support bubble’. If you must, then members of one household should only meet with members of one other household during a week and no more than six people in total. Everyone should try and stay at least two metres apart. Everyone should wash their hands on entering and leaving the premises.
- England: Weddings are limited to 15 people maximum to attend. Funerals remain a maximum 30 to attend.
- Burton Extra: Over 65s, people with underlying health conditions and children under 3 should not attend any mass gatherings. The organiser should check people’s temperature on entry and if it is high do not allow them to enter the premises. Everyone must stay at least two metres apart. Everyone must wear face coverings. The organiser should use marshals to control the flow of visitors and enforce social distancing. Anyone who cannot maintain social distancing should not attend. The organiser should keep a record of all attendees in case we need to trace them. Premises must be thoroughly cleaned before being used by anyone else.
- England: Shops, pubs and restaurants must follow the national Covid-19 guidance. Pubs, bars and restaurants must ensure that social distancing is enforced, especially when people have been drinking alcohol. All pubs, bars and restaurants must now operate a table service and all must close at 10pm. The “rule of six” applies. Many businesses are required to keep records of all customers and the date and time that they visited in case we need to trace them – a list is here
- Burton Extra: Spot checks and risk of closure for businesses who ignore the rules. No more than two customers allowed in small shops. Visits to pubs, clubs and restaurants should be limited to once a week. Groups meeting indoors and outdoors should be limited to members of two households and a maximum of six people
- England: All businesses must ensure Covid-19 compliance including excellent standards of hygiene, staff staying two metres from customers, and keeping customers two metres apart. If the nature of the business requires staff to come within two metres of a customer then additional precautions such as screens, face shields and/or masks are required. Guidance for businesses is available here.
- Burton Extra: We will consider restricting access to any businesses who consistently fail to follow the guidance – including closure for a period to allow appropriate controls to be put in place.