Help if you're facing redundancy
The Redundancy and Recruitment Triage Service - help to get back into work - fast
If you’ve at risk of redundancy, or have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19, you may not know that many businesses are recruiting right now because of a huge uptake in business through the pandemic.
Now a new co-ordinated and quick-response and free service is ready and waiting to get back into work as quickly as possible.
Run by the National Careers Service on behalf of the local enterprise partnership, the Redundancy and Recruitment Triage Service can help you make decisions for your future and get where you want to be with tailored support and advice to your needs.
Qualified careers advisors are on hand to help you identify your transferable skills and qualities and find and apply for work that’s right for you.
The service can also lead the way in tailoring your CV and preparing you for interviews - all to give you the best chance of success.
It’s the whole package of support built around you needs, including:
- Support to explore and decide what you want to do next – either learning, training and work.
- Help to pin down your transferable skills and qualities and see how that matches to new jobs
- Help to explore the current jobs market, including identifying those jobs in high-demand sectors that match your skills and experience
- Help to write effective and tailored CVs to suit the job you want
- Help to prepare and practice for interviews
- Help to find and apply for jobs in a digital world – including using LinkedIN and social media
It’s an entirely free and confidential service delivered by qualified careers advisors from the National Careers Service.
If you’re at risk, or have been made redundant, contact the Redundancy and Recruitment Triage Service today to get back into work now on 0121 296 5550 or email email@example.com
But… is now the right time to set up your own business? If you’ve got a great business idea and the impact of COVID-19 has just given you the push you need to start thinking about working for yourself, now’s the time.
Many businesses are booming, and with the right support, your new business could too. The new Start-Up Programme, which is delivered by the Staffordshire Chamber of Commerce on behalf of Staffordshire County Council, is an online programme of mentoring, workshops and support to not only learn the basics you need, but also know how to identify and prepare for any future economic shocks – like COVID-19.
Find out more now and apply now – places limited.
If you think you may be facing a situation where you may be:
- looking for a new career or job
- or looking to get back into work
- or thinking about re-training or up-skilling to support with your current job or career
then our community learning service provides many options for supporting anyone aged 19+ in Staffordshire with acquiring the right skills for work.
Offering more than 200 courses covering basic and advanced business and work skills - from maths, English and foreign languages, to digital and computer skills, trades - such as construction, accounting, engineering, teaching - and even employability skills such as CV and interviewing.
All courses are available either available online or run at community and business venues across Staffordshire. Search all of the courses currently available at www.staffordshirecommunitylearning.org.uk .