COVID-19 Support Fund
About the support fund
We’re all in the fight against Coronavirus together, and brilliant work has been happening right across Staffordshire to help people stay safe and well.
A huge, co-ordinated effort across community and voluntary groups across our county is still making a huge difference to isolated and vulnerable people, and those in most need of help. Local people are also stepping up to put projects together make a difference.
Now, as lockdown starts to lift and we all adapt to the ‘new normal’, the new COVID-19 Recovery Fund has been set up to help get community organisations back on their feet. It’s rapid, flexible funding to support communities to do their bit and to make sure that the voluntary sector continues to thrive now and as we emerge from the crisis.
Each county councillor has another £2,000 to support community groups in their area to be resilient, safe and connected. No match funding is required.
Funding can be used by:
- Projects about community recovery, to help:
- Support new groups that emerged as part of the COVID response and invest to help them to become sustainable
- Restart community activity which had been paused or bring forward new projects
- Make necessary adaptations to facilities and provision
- Community groups to support new community activity (individuals that have come together to run a project - individuals cannot be funded) to help:
- people self-isolating or in quarantine
- the community to be resilient against the wider impact of COVID-19
- develop community networks to support either of the above
- Existing volunteer/community groups to:
- keep activity running that is supporting people through the COVID-19 crisis
- keep running - e.g. if they have experienced a loss of income through a lack of participants and still need to pay overheads
View the projects supported by the fund.
Guidance and criteria
Please read the guidance about this fund before submitting an application.
The COVID-19 Support and Recovery Fund will close for new applications on 30 October 2020 at 23.59. After this, no new applications will be accepted, but applications which have already been made can be accessed (if notified) via the button below.