COVID-19 guidance for businesses
Please visit information on the Covid-19 guidance webpage which outlines current guidance and there is help and support if your business is affected by COVID-19 on www.gov.uk/coronavirus. We’ve also put together a Q&A sheet (254 KB) which we hope you find useful.
Lateral flow testing
Our local lateral flow testing scheme has now ended. Instead you can:
- buy your own tests and set up your own workplace testing
- pay an approved provider to provide tests or run a test site for you
Can workplaces still access free testing?
From 1 April, the Government no longer provides free universal symptomatic and asymptomatic testing for the general public in England. However, you may be able to access free testing if your workplace is considered high risk (if you are high risk and haven’t been contacted about supply arrangements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Is my workplace considered high risk?
The following high risk organisations will be contacted and supplied by the UKHSA:
- Immigration Reception Centers
- Other Places of Detention
- Domestic Abuse Refuges
- Homelessness Settings
- SEND Residential Schools when advised by Local Health Protection teams as part of an outbreak response
What to do if you have an outbreak
- There is no legal requirement to report workplace outbreaks of respiratory infections to your local public health team. However, if your business is experiencing a COVID outbreak, please complete the outbreak reporting form to access advice and support.
Breathe easy: Reduce CO2 hotspots in your workplace
Higher CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) means poorer air quality and a higher risk of the spread of Covid-19 in your workplace. Borrowing a free hand-held CO2 monitor from the county council for two weeks can help you to protect your business by identifying CO2 hotspots.
Find out how
Improve your staff's health and wellbeing - Workplace Health Staffordshire
Please visit our Workplace Health pages for lots of advice and guidance that businesses can use to help improve their staff’s health and wellbeing.
We can offer:
- Healthy lifestyle support. Everyone Health Staffordshire can provide free NHS Health Checks for your staff. They can also support staff to stop smoking, lose weight and get more active. Restrictions apply.
- Access to free mental health training.
- Access to the ‘Thrive at Work’ Workplace Wellbeing Awards Programme, run by the WMCA. Get business recognition for improving the health and wellbeing of your employees.
- Keep up to date with national and local campaigns, resources and guidance by signing up to the ‘Healthy Workplace’ newsletter.
- For more information, visit the Workplace Health Staffordshire webpages or email: WorkplaceHealth@staffordshire.gov.uk
Vaccinations are very effective at preventing serious illness from COVID-19, flu and other diseases. Employers, in accordance with their existing legal obligations, may wish to consider how best to support and enable staff who wish to be vaccinated to get their vaccines when offered them.
First, second and booster doses are being offered across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent. Multiple clinics are opening to deliver vaccines in our area, with people able to choose to drop in or book an appointment either online or by calling NHS 119.
There are a number of downloadable resources available which you may find helpful to start the conversation with your employees. This includes a vaccines Q&A document and expert advice videos to explain the vaccine and answer common questions employees may have.
Please urge staff to be cautious of misinformation and encourage them to use trusted sources like the NHS website if they are searching for information or answers to questions about the vaccine.
There is also Acas advice on getting the coronavirus vaccine for work
If you have any questions or would like to talk through your options and gain some support, please email COVIDsupport4businesses@staffordshire.gov.uk or contact:
We can offer signposting support for vaccinations and have links to various business support provision, such as grants and fully funded training (subject to eligibility) to help grow and diversify your business. Please visit Funding - Now's Your Time to Grow and Thrive - Staffordshire County Council for more information.