Opportunities are available to work in the countryside in a variety of roles and rural locations across the county.
This is an excellent chance to gain experience in the industry and ideal for those wishing to contribute to the up keep of the county’s country parks and rights of way.
Activities and tasks volunteers can get involved in include:
- Installing and repairing gates, stiles, foot-bridges, fences and steps.
- Clearing footpaths and vegetation.
- Heathland and estate management.
- Installing signposts and way markers.
- Other environmental and conservation work.
- And general country park duties such as patrolling, litter picking and helping with events.
There are also opportunities to work with local community groups, schools and other organisations.
Most volunteers commit to working one day a week but this is flexible.
Volunteers are paid travel expenses and provided with all the necessary protective equipment.
For further information please contact:
Phone: 01543 425758