Funded education for 2 year olds
Are we eligible?
If the family claims any one of the following, the answer is yes:
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Child Tax Credit and have an Annual income not over £16,190 (CTC)
- Working Tax Credit and have an Annual income not over £16,190 (WTC)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit and have a net annual household earnings below £15,400 (this means your take-home pay from any paid employment, after Income Tax and NI contributions have been deducted)
Two year olds are also eligible if they:
- Have an Education, Health and Care plan (EHC) *
- Attract Disability Living Allowance (DLA) *
- They are looked after by their local authority
- Have left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or residence order *
- are children of Zambrano Carers *
- are children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private / family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
- Children of a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 - 'The 1999 Act')
- are excluded from claiming public funds as a consequence of their immigration status, or their lack of immigration status; and
- are in receipt of support under section 17 of the Children Act 1989.
* Documentation will be required as proof where an application is made against these additional criteria. Copies of the documentation can be posted or emailed to our team.
Please note: If your circumstances change your funded place will not be taken away.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or call 01785 278201.
When will my child be eligible?
If your child is born between:
- 1 January - 31 March, funded places can start in the summer term (from 1 April)
- 1 April - 31 August, funded places can start in the autumn term (from 1 September)
- 1 September - 31 December, funded places can start in the spring term (from 1 January)
How do I apply?
The quickest and easiest way is to apply online.
Please note - at the present time we are unable to accept postal applications. Please use the online form to apply. If you need help to complete the form, please contact the team using the contact details below, who will be happy to complete the form on your behalf.
How to find childcare?
Funded places should be taken at a good or outstanding Ofsted rated setting to ensure the best care and learning opportunities for your child.
Find local childcare by visiting the Staffordshire Connects website and:
- Adding your postcode/town
- Click search
- Click "For 2 year olds"
For more information please see the FAQs page or contact us.