Funded education for 2 year olds
If the family claims any one of the following, the answer is yes:
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Child Tax Credit and have an Annual income not over £16,190 (CTC)
- Working Tax Credit and have an Annual income not over £16,190 (WTC)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit and have a net annual household earnings below £15,400 (this means your take-home pay from any paid employment, after Income Tax and NI contributions have been deducted)
Two year olds are also eligible if they:
- Have a current statement of SEN or an Education, Health and Care plan (EHC) *
- Attract Disability Living Allowance (DLA) *
- They are Looked after by their Local Authority
- Have left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or residence order *
* Documentation will be required as proof where an application is made against these additional criteria. Copies of the documentation can be posted or emailed to our team.
Please note: If your circumstances change your funded place will not be taken away.
From September 2019, eligibility has been extended to three additional groups of children:
- Children of Zambrano Carers
- Children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private / family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
- Children of a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 - 'The 1999 Act')
For more information, please contact email@example.com or call 01785 278201.
When will my child be eligible?
If your child is born between:
- 1 January - 31 March, funded places can start in the summer term (from 1 April)
- 1 April - 31 August, funded places can start in the autumn term (from 1 September)
- 1 September - 31 December, funded places can start in the spring term (from 1 January)
The quickest and easiest way is to apply online.
How to find childcare?
Funded places should be taken at a good or outstanding Ofsted rated setting to ensure the best care and learning opportunities for your child.
Find local childcare by: adding your postcode/ town > click search > then click on: for 2 year olds on our new Staffordshire Connects website.
For more information please see the FAQs page or contact us.