Our use of cookies We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.

Easing of Coronavirus restrictions

FAQ for parents and carers

What is Early Years pupil premium (EYPP)?

It’s extra funding available for children aged 3 and 4 that will go to the childcare setting. It should be used to support children’s progress and development.

Which children can get the funding?

As a parent, if you claim one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit and have net annual household earnings below £7,400 (this means your take-home pay from any paid employment, after Income Tax and NI contributions have been deducted)

Your child can get the extra funding at their childcare setting!

In addition, childcare settings can also get extra funding for children who:

  • have been looked after by the local authority for at least one day
  • have been adopted from care
  • have left care through special guardianship
  • are subject to a child arrangement order

Which childcare providers can get the funding?

If your child attends and claims the free 15 hours at childcare setting that is  graded by Ofsted as Outstanding, Good or Requires Improvement, the provider can claim this extra funding for your child.

If your child takes the free 15 hours with any of the following types of childcare setting, they can claim the extra funding through EYPP for your child:

  • Childminder
  • Pre school/Playgroup
  • Day Nursery
  • School based nursery and wraparound
  • Nursery school

What do I have to do as a parent?

Your childcare provider will need your permission and details (National Insurance number, your date of birth and full name) to apply for this extra funding.

The provider will submit application on your behalf and they will be advised of the outcome. if successful the provider will claim on your behalf.

Parents should speak to their provider about how the funding from EYPP can be used in the best interests of your child.

There are no results that match your search criteria

Latest news

Plan ahead to celebrate Eid safely this year

Ramadan draws to a close next week with the beginning of Eid al-Fitr, and people observing the end of the Islamic holy month are being urged to plan ahead to follow the rules to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.
07 May 2021

Help make elections a safe experience for all

People are being urged to combine a trip to the polling station with getting a Covid-19 test this week.
05 May 2021

Test regularly to keep Covid-19 under control

Residents in Staffordshire are being urged to keep up the good work in keeping Covid-19 under control.
04 May 2021

Tamworth Mass Covid Testing Results

Eight Tamworth residents who unknowingly had Covid-19 and risked spreading it to the wider community were identified as part of a recent testing pilot.
04 May 2021

Visit the Staffordshire Newsroom