Welcome to the Staffordshire Short Breaks (Aiming High) webpages.
We commission short break activities for children and young people aged 0-25 years old with a special educational need/disability (SEND) who live in Staffordshire.
- trips out
- youth clubs
- outdoor activities
and much more.
- Children and young people can access a set amount of free activities each month (usually 1 a month with extra during school holidays).
- Access to additional activities can be made by making a financial contribution.
- The Lifeskills and Independence Service is available to 11-25 year olds who need a higher level of support to achieve a specific goal.
Who can take part?
Aiming High activities are open to:
- 0-18 year olds with a special educational need or disability (SEND), who live in Staffordshire.
- 18-25 year olds with a special educational need or disability (SEND) who live in Staffordshire can access support through our Lifeskills and Independence Programme, however, they must also:
- have an education, health and care plan (EHCP)
- not be eligible to receive paid care and support services from adult social care.
Some activities are open to the whole family while other activities are for children and young people to attend independently.
How do I book places or ask questions?
To find out what activities are available, please visit the Staffordshire Connects website.
To book places or to ask any questions, please call 0300 111 8007 (Option 5).
Lines are open:
We want to make sure that bookings for our activities are accessible to everyone and so if you are unable to contact our booking team via telephone please email email@example.com and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible.
If you can please include information on your child’s name, date of birth and the activity provider and date that you are interested in, it will help the team to deal with your enquiry.