Our use of cookies We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.

I am a professional

You have selected welfare concerns about a child that is not at risk of immediate harm.

Initial enquiry

During office hours we would prefer that you make your initial enquiry by phoning First Resonse on 0800 1313 126.

You can also complete the online enquiry form.

Following up with supporting documents after a telephone enquiry

You can upload any documents you wish to add to the enquiry.

Local Authority designated officers

A Staffordshire LADO is specifically involved in cases where there is a concern or allegation that someone working or volunteering with children:

  • Has or may have harmed a child.
  • May have committed a criminal offence related to a child.
  • Has behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates they may pose a risk of harm to children.

They give advice and guidance on how concerns or allegations should be investigated.

They do not investigate but must ensure that an appropriate investigation is carried out, whether that is by the police, children’s social care or the employer or a combination of these.

Contact us

Professionals in an educational setting

You may wish to contact ESAS on 01785 895836 to discuss your concerns or to get advice about making a referral before contacting First Response.

What's next?

Once completed, the form will be sent to the First Response team who may contact you for further information.

There are no results that match your search criteria

Path: /SiteElements/RazorViews/NewsFooterRazor.cshtml
Error: Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference