MiDoS For Care
Access the MiDoS for Care Hub Here
MiDoS for Care has been designed as an online information hub for registered Adult Social Care services in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent.
It provides access to a wide range of supportive information, which includes elements of the NHS directory of services (DoS), links to various community teams and a wide range of guidance and information from a variety of sources.
The platform itself is a collaboration between the Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Integrated Care Board, Staffordshire County Council and Stoke-on-Trent City Council.
Who can access the platform?
The platform is available to all registered care homes, home care services and supported living providers in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent.
How is the platform accessed?
The platform is web based (MiDoS for Care) and is accessible through devices such as laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
Each care service who requests access is provided with a username and password. These details can be shared within the care service and users can concurrently access the platform with the same details.
What type of content can I expect to see on the platform?
There is a wide range of guidance, information and contact details available through the platform.
- Secure Communication and Data Protection (NHSmail, DSPT)
- Reporting (safeguarding, serious incidents, LeDeR, CQC, quality assurance forms, RIDDOR)
- Safeguarding (referrals, mental capacity, DoLS, Herbert protocol, types of abuse, monitoring framework)
- Health (hospitals, GPs, opticians, pharmacies, dentistry, health conditions, role overview, MDTs)
- General Care Guidance (hospital admission avoidance, palliative and end of life care, falls prevention, infection prevention and control, medication, mental health and wellbeing, nutrition and hydration, occupational therapy, mouth care, pelvic health and continence care, foot care, tissue viability, diabetes and district nursing)
- Supporting People (care planning, risk assessments, sepsis, health and safety, consent, equality and diversity, activities and exercises, equipment)
- Supporting the Service (health and safety, surveillance, climate change, weather, business continuity, training, recruitment, leadership, ICT skills, staff wellbeing, fire safety)
- Care Reviews, Brokerage and Contracts (requesting reviews, duty teams, CHC, brokerage teams, contract teams, care brokerage platforms)
- Systems and Tools (capacity tracker, care brokerage platforms, NHSmail, assessment tools, example best practice documents)
- Support Services (fire service, advocacy services, healthwatch, chambers of commerce, care market development team, quality assurance team, emergency duty service, complaints, resilience and response, incident management)
- Care Quality Commission (key regulator pages)
How can a care service get access?