Information for personal assistants and individual employers
Individuals who use a direct payment to employ a personal assistant can find a range of useful information on our dedicated page - direct payment and personal assistant employment - coronavirus update.
The page includes:
- links to the latest government guidance
- further information about your responsibilities as employers
- eligibility for PPE and use of the direct payment to purchase PPE
- advice on accessing an emergency supply of PPE including templates for proof of key worker status
- answers to frequently asked questions during the Covid-19 outbreak, including contingency planning
Local guidance - dementia: a supportive guide for carers
This guide aims to support carers choose activities to help care for people with dementia during the pandemic. The guide is aimed at care home settings but contains lots of useful information relevant to other care settings. You can find it in the national and local guidance section on the information for care homes page.
Skills for Care website
The Information hub on the Skills for Care website provides Covid-19 updates with the latest guidance to support individual employers and personal assistants.
A wellbeing webinar recording (held on 16 November) is available which shares experiences from individual employers, including practical support and places where you can find help.
Current government guidance on PPE usage
We have developed local guidance for providers based on current Government advice. You can find the following documents on our dedicated PPE webpage (including where to access PPE):
- adult social care settings: PPE summary
- how to work safely in home care
You can also find links to national guidance for home care providers on our information for home care and extra care providers page.