We use cookies on this site We and our partners use cookies and collect information from your browser. This lets us deliver content and relevant adverts to you. It also helps us to understand our audience better. See our privacy policy to learn more about how we manage your data and your rights. See our cookies policy to see how we use cookies and tracking technology. To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.

Getting help with disabilities

If you have a disability or care for someone with a disability we will be able to provide care and support where possible. There is a variety of support available from individuals and local organisations.

Support for adults

If you have been given a phone number for the appropriate care and support team or person, then you should contact them in the first instance to discuss your needs.

If you are in doubt about who to contact, please get in touch with the Staffordshire Cares team:

Phone: 0300 111 8010
Email: staffordshirecares@staffordshire.gov.uk
Text/SMS (for people with a hearing impairment) 07814 194 111
Minicom: 01785 276207
Webchat (see the right hand bottom of your screen)

Lines are open:

Monday to Thursday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

What if it's outside of these hours?

If you are dealing with a high risk or urgent situation and you cannot wait for the local office to open, then contact the emergency duty team.

Phone: 0345 604 2886
Mobile (text only): 07773 792016
Minicom: 01785 277309

Staffordshire Assist are an out of hours emergency british sign language interpreting service.

On our adult social care pages, you can also find some useful infomation and advice about:

  • personal budgets and direct payments
  • how to keep healthy and well
  • equipment and technology that can help you with daily life
  • how to apply for a blue badge  
  • ways to maintain your independance whilst living at home

Support for carers 

If you care for someone, you have the right to ask for a carers assessment.

Support for children and young people

If you are looking for support for children and young people with disabilities, the children’s disability services page has all the information you need to know.

Sensory support

If you or someone you know has a hearing/sight impairment, you can find further information on help and support with sensory loss within the sensory pages.

Search for services and support in your local area

If you think you need some further support, start by looking at Staffordshire Connects.

Here you will find local organisations that can provide care services, along with information and advice about support for people with a learning disability, autism, vision loss, hearing loss.

Living with a learning disability should not stop someone from leading an active and enjoyable life, and from being supported to get out and about in their local community.


We are able to offer time-limited support for people aged 16 or over who have a learning disability and/or low level autism.

How do I access this service?

You must contact your GP. If you are eligible for support, your GP will make a referral.

Autism awareness information packs for downloading and printing

 The National Autistic Society also has more information on austism on their pages.

Hearing loss and loss of vision 

There is support for adults with hearing loss and/or vision loss, including services for deafblind people across Staffordshire.

What if I need some support?

If you need someone to support you when making chocies and finding information out, you can ask for the support of an advocate.

There are no results that match your search criteria

Share this information
  • facebook17
  • twitter17
  • intagram17
  • email17