We use cookies on this site We and our partners use cookies and collect information from your browser. This lets us deliver content and relevant adverts to you. It also helps us to understand our audience better. See our privacy policy to learn more about how we manage your data and your rights. See our cookies policy to see how we use cookies and tracking technology. To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.

Related content  


Money matters

Where can I get financial advice?

For information and advice on saving money, budgeting, debt management and ways to make your money go further:


Job Centre Plus

Please visit the Gov.uk website for information on all areas of money management, including taxes, pensions and applying for benefits. 

Help is available for customers with limited or no English skills who require communication support to claim benefits.

These services are provided by or through Jobcentre Plus. 

First Contact

The customer can contact First Contact, where you will be able to speak to an interpreter who will be able to answer any questions you may have and help you make a claim to the appropriate benefit.

They can be contacted via:
Phone: 08000 556688

Disability employment advisors

Disability employment advisors provide specialist support to people who are recently disabled, or those whose disability or health condition has deteriorated and who need employment advice. 

They provide support to disabled people who are experiencing difficulties getting a job, or those who are employed and are concerned about losing their job, due to a disability. 

They can offer a range of support, advice and information from Employment Assessment, job seeking advice and support, training advice and information, advice and information about keeping your job, work choice and information about the disability symbol. 

For information on help for disabled people in employment you should speak to the Disability Employment Advisors at your local Jobcentre Plus office or Jobcentre. You can find the address of your local office on the Direct Gov website. 


Unsure if you're entitled due to immigrant control?

If you are unsure if you are entitled to any benefits due to immigration control, information can be found on no recourse to public funds network's website.


There are no results that match your search criteria