We use cookies on this site We and our partners use cookies and collect information from your browser. This lets us deliver content and relevant adverts to you. It also helps us to understand our audience better. See our privacy policy to learn more about how we manage your data and your rights. See our cookies policy to see how we use cookies and tracking technology. To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.
Homepage > Care for adults > Funding care and support > Funding the cost of care and support

Related content  


Funding the cost of care and support

Can I get help?

If you need help with paying for care you will need to have a care and support assessment. This assessment applies national rules to see if you have care needs which make you eligible for care and support.

The amount of money that we can then pay towards the cost of your care depends on your financial situation.

If you would like to check if you are likely to have to pay towards any care services you receive through us, you can use our financial eligibility checker.

The checker is only a rough calculation. If we agree that you are eligible for care, we will ask you to have a financial assessment to determine who pays for the care you need. You and/or your family or representatives can complete this, or we can work with you to complete it.


What should I do if I have to pay the full cost?

If you do not qualify for any financial help, or if you choose not to tell us about your financial circumstances you will have to pay the full cost of care. You will be known as a self-funder.

Planning your future care and support needs can be complicated and paying for it can be expensive.

You should always seek independent financial advice. There may be options available to protect your interests.

You should also see if you are eligible to claim any welfare benefits. Use this free benefits calculator to check to see if you are entitled.


Can I still get help if I have to pay the full cost? 

No matter what the outcome is, we will still offer you advice. We can work with you to develop a care and support plan which will set out how your needs can be best met.

We can also arrange any non-residential care and support for you.

Please note: we are not permitted by law to arrange residential or nursing care for you.

There will be an initial arrangement fee plus an ongoing annual fee to cover the administrative costs of doing so. Please contact us for the current fees.

We will charge you an initial arrangement fee plus ongoing annual fees to cover our costs of making such arrangements. You will be informed at the time what the current fees are.


What if I am financially eligible for some support?

We will work with you to develop a care and support plan and you will be given a personal budget.


Can I get financial help with home adaptations or equipment?

If you are disabled you could apply for a disabled facilities grant that can help you to make the changes you need to your home.


There are no results that match your search criteria