We use cookies on this site We and our partners use cookies and collect information from your browser. This lets us deliver content and relevant adverts to you. It also helps us to understand our audience better. See our privacy policy to learn more about how we manage your data and your rights. See our cookies policy to see how we use cookies and tracking technology. To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.

Contact us

We want you to stay independent for as long as possible.

Our website has lots of information that may be useful to help you to live independently and do things for yourself for longer.

This may include looking at some  gadgets and equipment that can help maintain your independence. There are also other types of support available.

You can also check if you are likely to have to pay towards any care services you receive through Staffordshire County Council.


How do I contact you?

If you (or someone on your behalf) wants some information and advice, or needs to tell us about the extra support needed do things because of age, frailty, a health condition, disability or changes at home, you can:



What does the self-assessment do?

You will answer some quick online questions about your current situation. It is an easy to use online form and it's available to use 24 hours a day.

It is for people aged 18 or over.  

The self assessment will direct you towards information, advice and support that could help you to live independently and improve your wellbeing

When complete, the self assessment will recommend if you would benefit from speaking to a member of the Staffordshire Cares team to discuss the information in more detail. 

If so, use the  self assessment form to send your information on to us.  An Staffordshire Cares advisor will then be in touch and talk to you about the information you have given.


What are your contact details?

You can contact our Staffordshire Cares team on:

If you have a hearing impairment

Text/SMS:  0796 673 8920


Please see the right hand bottom of your screen.

When are lines are open?

  • Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

If you live outside of Staffordshire or are unsure, please use this  postcode checker to find your local authority and details of who to call.


Who are Staffordshire Cares?

Staffordshire Cares are a team of skilled call handlers who can provide information, advice and guidance and can process social care enquires.

What happens when I contact Staffordshire Cares?

A member of the team will talk to you and do their best to help you straightaway.

Initially, you may be offered information, advice and guidance or given the contact details of other agencies who'll be able to help.

If you are still struggling to remain independent, the team may also recommend a  needs assessment to look at your situation in more detail and assess how any difficulties that impact on your wellbeing. 

There is no charge for a needs assessment, and you can also make a request for one. 

Who do I contact if I have already had an assessment?  

Further details of who to contact can be found on our assessments page.


Are you caring for someone and need support yourself?

Find support for:

There are no results that match your search criteria

Latest social care and health news
Demolition scheduled for former care home

Demolition scheduled for former care home

The former residential care home is to be demolished.
14 January 2020
Life-changing initiative one step closer

Life-changing initiative one step closer

Plans to create a regional partnership to help children needing adoption or foster care to find loving, stable homes more quickly are a step closer to completion.
18 December 2019
Stay healthy this winter and look out for your elderly neighbours

Stay healthy this winter and look out for your elderly neighbours

Stay healthy this winter, be a flu fighter and keep an eye out for your elderly neighbours are the messages from health bosses in Staffordshire.
17 December 2019
Access to online support will be part of new service

Access to online support will be part of new service

Children and young people in Staffordshire will have access to online support for their emotional health and wellbeing, after having their say on support services.
17 December 2019

Visit the Staffordshire Newsroom