Free mental health training for your business
Become a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Champion
Staffordshire County Council are pleased to offer Staffordshire businesses a free Mental Health First Aid England training course for Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders.
The training will equip them with the skills they need to be confident to start conversations about mental health and signpost to support if needed.
This is important as MHFA England found that a third (33%) of Managers felt out of their depth when supporting their team with mental health concerns.
This one-day course trains these key roles to become a MHFA Champion, giving them:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
The cost of this course is fully subsidised by Staffordshire County Council and will be delivered by Justine Acheson and Anne Beagan (MHFA England Instructor Members). This course is normally valued at £200 per delegate.
All Managers, Supervisers and Team Leaders who complete the course receive:
- A certificate of attendance to say they are a MHFA Champion
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook, including a helpful toolkit to support their own and others’ mental health
- Tuesday 4 July 2023 (online session - you must have a working camera and microphone to join this online course)
- Tuesday 11 July 2023 (in-person classroom session at: Entrust, Riverway, Stafford, ST16 3TH)
- Thursday 13 July 2023 (online session - you must have a working camera and microphone to join this online course)
All sessions run from 9:30am – 5:30pm.
The closing date for all sessions is Friday 16th June 2023. Places are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
For more details about the course content, please visit MHFA England’s website.
Book your place
- The training is only available to businesses located in Staffordshire (excluding Stoke-on-Trent).
- This training has been commissioned to support people working within small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs). As there is limited funding, we may not be able to offer training to organisations that do not match this target group.
- This training is not available for Schools and government-funded organisations.
- Only one delegate per business.
- Participants must be at least 16 years old.
- Delegate details entered on the booking system will be passed on to MHFA England. This allows MHFA England to send a training pack to delegates. If attending an online session, please choose a suitable delivery address when booking (e.g. home address, if working from home). If attending an in-person classroom session, training packs will be provided on the day.
- Once the training has been completed, MHFA England will register delegates as a MHFA Champion.
If you have any further queries about the training, please email: WorkplaceHealth@staffordshire.gov.uk