Staffs Means Back to Business Support Scheme
£5m business support scheme for Staffordshire businesses
The government have recently announced additional support for business in the spring Budget, including extending the Coronavirus Job Support Scheme (furlough) until September. Business can also sign up to receive essential support through a free 12-month membership package with the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB).
Now Staffordshire businesses and employees can get a further boost through the £5m Staffordshire Means Back to Business Support Scheme - an enhanced package of funding to help in the way that matters most.
Staffordshire County Council, Stafford Borough Council, Newcastle Under Lyme Borough Council, Tamworth Borough Council, East Staffordshire Borough Council, South Staffordshire Council, Staffordshire Moorlands District Council, Lichfield District Council, and Cannock Chase District Council are thought to be the first in the country to work together to:
- pool resources and add additional money to the Additional Restrictions Grant to support businesses through the pandemic
- offer three new sources of support to help new businesses to get off the ground, support young people into employment and the costs of upskilling and training new employees.
It all adds up to a £5m package of support available to Staffordshire businesses over the next 15 months.
What the separate initiatives and how can businesses apply for them?
1) Small Business to Thrive Financial Support: Grants of between £2,000 to £5,000 will be available to cover additional expenditure for essential businesses staying open during the pandemic and/or those with a plan to recover and get back to growth.
Find out more about the process, eligibility and express an interest in a grant
2) Start Up Scheme and Loans – Supporting businesses to start up and survive the critical first months- with loans of between £3,000 to £5,000 being offered to people who have first completed the acclaimed Staffordshire Start-up online course to support resilient business start-ups
>Apply for the Staffordshire Start -Up online course
3) Staffordshire 500 is a major incentive programme to support businesses to develop apprenticeship opportunities, offering considerable contributions to the costs associated with recruiting and retaining an apprentice. More on how to express an interest and apply
4) Free Training Top Up for Employers -Supporting up to 400 Staffordshire businesses with grants of up to £5,000 to top-up training or up-skilling costs for employees. Find out more and express an interest
5) Ignite Top Up Scheme additional support to students to take their first steps in their own business. Colleges across Staffordshire will be offering this opportunity to pupils. More on the Ignite Scheme
Support to help your staff into new work if you have to make changes due to COVID-19
Contact the Growth Hub – your first port of call for business support