Staffordshire Apprenticeship 500 Business Grant Scheme
In conjunction with Staffordshire’s district & borough councils, Staffordshire County Council has launched a fund to help support Small to Medium businesses (SMEs), that are located within Staffordshire.
Staffordshire County Council has pooled extra investment with the funding district and borough councils have received from government, called the ‘Additional Restrictions Grant, to reach more businesses who need it.
Grants of £5,000 will be available to cover additional expenditure in recruiting apprentices (max 3) who will be essential to businesses staying open during the pandemic and those with a plan to recover and get back to growth.
To receive a grant, you must be eligible and will need to fill in an Expression of Interest form to check your eligibility before you receive a formal application form.
Please read before expressing an interest in a grant.
Please do not apply if any of the following applies to you, as you will not be eligible:
- You have already received grant payments that equal the maximum permitted levels of subsidy.
- Your business was not viable in December 2019
- Your business is not registered with Companies House
- You must be based in one of the following areas:
- Cannock Chase District
- East Staffordshire Borough
- Lichfield District
- Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough
- South Staffordshire District
- Stafford Borough
- Staffordshire Moorlands District
- Tamworth Borough
The grant can be used to cover the costs associated with recruiting and retaining an apprentice. It will be in addition to the current available government grant initiatives linked to the recruitment of apprentices
Further eligibility criteria are contained within the FAQ page.
Businesses are required to read the FAQs and complete an online Expression of Interest form if they feel their business may be eligible.
Businesses would need to state what measures they have considered or tried to take to remain trading and operational during the restriction periods and how recruiting an apprentice(s) will support their recovery or growth plans.
How do I express an interest?
- Complete the online Expression of Interest form when funding becomes available in the district or borough that your business is located.
- Expression of Interest forms will be reviewed in order of receipt.
- A grant application pack will be sent to businesses who pass the initial eligibility checklist.
- Businesses will then be required to complete and return their grant application pack which will be assessed by an appraiser- this could take up to 8 weeks.
- If a recommendation is made to award the grant, it will be assessed by a senior appraiser who will make the final decision, based on the business satisfying all the required criteria.
Grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis. Applications will be assessed in order of time and date received.
We anticipate a large number of applications to be submitted, therefore it may be some time before you hear the outcome of your application. It could be between 6 to 8 weeks.
Tel: 0300 111 8002