Funding – Now's Your time to get a grant to start up
Now is your time to start-up - unsecured loans of up to £5,000 now available
Is now the time to do what you’ve always wanted to? Maybe the pandemic has had a silver lining for you and given you the push you’ve always wanted to start-up that business that you’ve been thinking about for a while. Perhaps you’re leaving another business behind, and looking to start up in a growing sector. Maybe your fledging business is doing ok, but needs a financial boost.
Now’s the time to put the last 18 months behind us and start a fresh, and there’s no better place to receive the all-round support you need to set-up and thrive, and not just survive, than here in Staffordshire.
If you’ve a brand new business or or your business is less than two years old, you could be eligible for an interest- free loan of between £3,000 to £5,000, which can be used for most purposes to allow you to fund those key purchases to get your business off the ground.
The loan is unsecured, so there’s no need to put forward any assets or guarantors to support an application. It’s all part of the £5m Staffordshire Means Back to Business Support Scheme – a collaboration between Staffordshire County Council and the county’s district and borough councils.
- Interest free loans of £3,000 to £5,000
- No set-up fee
- No requirement for match-funding
- Repaid in full after 12 months with no repayments prior to this
Check your eligibility
- Businesses based in Staffordshire (sorry, this excludes Stoke-on-Trent)
- Start-up businesses or businesses operating for less than two years
- Must have attended, or be prepared to attend one of our free and invaluable mentoring progammes specifically for start-up support. Contact us to discuss your options!
Call or email today to begin a conversation about the Start-Up Loans and support. Contact Chris Read on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01785 277375.
Need some mentoring or advice around start-up a business before you apply?
Contact us to explore your options, which could include:
- Staffordshire Start-up scheme operated by the Chamber of Commerce
- Princes Trust
- BiSU at Staffs University,
- Let’s Do Mentoring
- get in touch and we can signpost you to the relevant organization for invaluable free support to help you to take that first step towards running your own business. Contact us at email@example.com or ring 01785 277375.
- The county council’s new Staffordshire Start-up Programme is a new programme of free advice, mentoring and support to people wanting to set up their own business in Staffordshire. Delivered by experts at the Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce on behalf of the county council, the online sessions can help with the big-leap towards self-employment, how to select your market and how to enter it and how to see the early warning signals of a crisis and how to overcome them.
If you complete the programme you’ll then be offered follow up support session to access finance and get the know-how on surviving those tricky few years. Contact the Growth Hub now via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 111 8002.
Learning and skills for Staffordshire start-ups
If you are considering how to re-skill, up-skill or acquire new skills to help you with starting your business, then our own community learning service offers a range of courses covering a variety of skills - including marketing, accounting, languages, computing, presentation skills, maths, english, and hundreds more.
In fact there are more than 200 courses available, delivered online or in COVID safe community venues across Staffordshire.
Browse all courses currently available on the Staffordshire Community Learning website.