Coronavirus (COVID-19) - support for businesses
By staying alert to control the virus, we are saving people’s lives.
We do know though, that the coronavirus outbreak is affecting businesses across the county and that you may be concerned about money and bills.
The government have announced a range of things to help.
The latest information can be found in the government’s COVID-19: support for businesses pages.
Documents that can be downloaded and printed out
A message from the council leader (week commencing 4 May)
Supporting businesses through the pandemic and into recovery and renewal is a priority. Work has already begun on recovery and renewal of the economy. Every week Philip Atkins, Leader of Staffordshire County Council, will publish an open letter to all businesses which you can download and print out to update on what the county council is doing to help you.
Advice and support
Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Growth Hub
You can also find advice and guidance on the Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Growth Hub website.
To speak with someone who can help, call the Staffordshire Business Helpline on 0300 111 8002.
National Careers Service
Free, personalised careers advice, information and guidance to help people find learning or work opportunities that are right for them.
How we can support you
- Our experienced advisers can help you support your staff during this challenging period through one-to-one redundancy support, career planning, and advice and guidance for staff at risk of redundancy as well as matching employees to new jobs in sectors experiencing demand.
- If you are recruiting for urgent vacancies to meet changes to your business as a result of Covid-19, we can help match your jobs to individuals who are immediately available to start work.
Employees at risk of redundancy/recently made redundant
- Our qualified advisers can provide one to one support to help you plan your next steps, help you to improve your skills or help you find alternative employment including access to new job vacancies in sectors experiencing demand for new staff.
Support we provide
- Skills analysis and career planning
- Job matching to current vacancies
- Job search and online applications
- Understanding the local job market
- Current vacancies relevant to your skills and experience
- Digital skills assessments and skills
- Searching for courses and training schemes
- Finding funding to support learning
- Information about apprenticeships
- Identifying key strengths and skills
- Developing an action plan