Our use of cookies We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button. No, give me more info

A to Z

A-ZRSS FeedAtom Feed

Damage and injury claim

If you have been injured or your property has been damaged while you were using the road you have the right to make a claim for compensation.

Dead animal disposal

How to correctly dispose of a dead animal.

Deaf people

Information about hearing loss and what support is available.

Death and bereavement

When somebody dies you need to talk to some organisations and fill in documents needed by law.

Death certificates

Apply for a death certificate through our website.

Definitive map

The Definitive Map and Statement are paper documents available to view at the County Council Offices, District and Borough Council Offices and some public libraries.

Deprivation of liberty (DOLs)

The Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards is an addendum to the Mental Capacity Act 2005. Find out about applying online.


Information on dial-a-ride and community voluntary transport schemes in your area.

Digital Staffordshire

View our Digital Staffordshire website for information about the digital toolkit, innovations and our digital blog.

Dignity in care

Find out about the Dignity in Care Awards

Direct payments for care

A direct payment is when your personal budget is paid directly to you to buy your own care and support in line with your assessed needs.

Disability badges

Information about applying for a blue badge via the Direct Gov website.

Disabled persons bus passes

Apply, renew or replace a disabled persons bus pass.

Disabled persons parking bays

Information about how to apply for a disabled persons parking bay.

Domestic abuse

If you, or someone you know, is affected by domestic abuse, help is available.

Door disposal

How to correctly dispose of a door.

Drainage and flooding

Find out about the flooding of drains on the highways, and how to report an issue.

Drinking less alcohol

Drinking less alcohol can benefit you and the people around you. Find our helpful resources to help you drink less and live better.

Driver training

Find out about a variety of courses, from pre-driver training right through to defensive driver training.

Dropped kerbs (vehicle access crossings)

A dropped kerb or a vehicle access crossing allows vehicles to safely cross the pavement and enter a driveway from the road.


Information about experiencing difficulties with drugs, and how to access support.

Duvet disposal

How to correctly dispose of a duvet.

Something missing?

If you were hoping to find something listed in our A to Z that isn't there, let us know.

There are no results that match your search criteria

Latest news

Calls for Staffordshire Residents to Stick to New Rules as Omicron Cases Rise

Residents and businesses across Staffordshire are being called on to follow the new rules, as cases of the Omicron Covid variant rise across the UK.
09 December 2021

Financial Help for Vulnerable Families this Winter

People in Staffordshire facing financial hardship are being urged to apply for grants of up to £700 for food, heating and other essential items this winter.
08 December 2021

Public Reminded of Dangers of Counterfeit Goods

People in Staffordshire are being reminded about the dangers of counterfeit goods when shopping in the run up to Christmas.
08 December 2021

Major county funding boost set to unlock Enterprise Zone development and creation of hundreds of jobs

A £3.5million investment by Staffordshire County Council into infrastructure to bring forward a development site which could create up to 1,700 jobs looks set to be approved next week.
07 December 2021

Visit the Staffordshire Newsroom

Contacting the chat service.

Please wait...
Chat with us
digital assistant
Enter your question below