Vegetarian Mediterranean Pasta
This Vegetarian Mediterranean Pasta dish will please the whole family
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 250g wholewheat penne pasta
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 Red Onion
- Salt & pepper
- Turn on the hob to a high heat and put a saucepan half filled with water. Bring to the boil and add the pasta. Give the pasta a quick stir to prevent sticking together. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Chop the aubergine, courgette, pepper and onion into small chunks.
- Turn on the hob to a medium/high heat and put a frying pan on top. Pour in 1 Teaspoon of olive oil and allow to get hot. Place all the cut up vegetables into the frying pan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and mix in well, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- After 12 minutes of cooking drain the pasta and then return to the saucepan. Tip the vegetables to the saucepan and mix in well with the pasta. Season with salt and pepper and serve.