These tasty homemade burgers are cheap and easy to make.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 450g minced turkey
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 50g sweetcorn
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 standard burger buns, cut in half
- 2 handfuls lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat. Put the turkey meat, onion, carrot, sweetcorn and herbs into a large bowl. Season with some pepper and mix together - you can do this with your hands if you like.
- Grill the burgers for 12 to 15 minutes, turning them over once, until browned and cooked through. Remove from the grill and let rest for a couple of minutes.
- While cooked burgers are cooling, lightly toast the burger buns under the grill on the cut side only. Put some lettuce on the bottom halves and place the burgers on top. Add 2 slices of tomato each one and cover with the top half of the bun.
- If your family likes things spicy, add a pinch of chilli powder to the burger mixture.
- Use vegetarian mince to make these meat-free.