Get Yours - Social care workforce benefits
Discounts, freebies, training funding and more
We want everyone to enjoy their work and feel appreciated for what they do to make a positive difference to the lives of the people of Staffordshire.
Part of that is about keeping all you in touch with discounts, benefits, funding and opportunities that you can take advantage of.
Help to meet the cost of living
- Here to Help - new webpages bringing together information, advice and support to help you manage cost of living pressures
Blue Light Card
Social Care workers are classed as part of the family of emergency services, so you can save online, on the high street, in restaurants and even on short breaks. The card costs just £4.99 for two years’ access.
- Vivip Portal - Savings and health and wellbeing for Staffordshire County Council employees.
The new employee benefits platform and a one-stop-shop for all of the health and wellbeing support on offer, including:
- Lifestyle discounts, offers and codes
A range of discounts across major retailers and places to eat and drink, including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Morrisons, Argos, Primark, Boots, Pizza Express and Costa Coffee, and more. Other financial benefits and support will be available soon.
Including MindKind (ways you can support your mental health), ThinkWell (emotional wellbeing service, e.g. counselling), physiotherapy, menopause support and much more.
Discounts for Carers
Discounts for Carers is a benefit provider for carers, and is also available to their families and any retired carers. From holidays to car insurance, mobile phones to fashion, there are exclusive deals from top names like Haven, Hotpoint, Jet2Holidays and RAC.
- Virtual Instructor - a digital platform offering free access to over 800 workouts and meal plans.
All InstructorLive workouts have been approved and signed off by the NHS approved clinicians and are carefully curated to cater for all ages (over 18), genders, fitness levels, and workout goals, and you can even use meal plans. Sign up to free access until March 2023.
Together We’re Better Staff Psychological Wellbeing Hub
Together We’re Better is the Integrated Care System (ICS) for Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent. They are a partnership of NHS and local government organisations, alongside independent and voluntary sector groups, that is working together to transform local health and care services.
The psychological wellbeing hub is a safe and confidential space to check in, see how you are feeling and discuss what additional support you may need with a team of qualified mental health professionals.
Skills for care
- Wellbeing support - practical supprt for emotional and mental wellebing and supporting a diverse workforce
- Manager support - from your wellbeing to networking and help with facing day to day challenges
- Funding - including the Workforce Development Fund, user-led organisation funding and individual employer funding
Coming soon – colleges and apprenticeship information. Watch this space
For managers and organisations
Workforce Development Fund
- Workforce Development Fund - Adult social care employers can claim money from the Workforce Development Fund towards the cost of employee development
Adult social care employers can claim money from the Workforce Development Fund towards the cost of workers completing a broad range of adult social care qualifications, learning programmes and digital learning modules. The Workforce Development Fund (WDF) is funding from the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) disseminated by Skills for Care. To claim funding an organisation must provide an adult social care service and directly employ care staff within England