Finding New Care Staff
Do you often struggle to cover staffing vacancies and long term sickness?
The Social Care Hub could be a new staffing solution for your service.
Care Worker Reserve Mobilisation Process
- Care Provider to complete and return the template request form to SSOT.ICSPeopleHub@mpft.nhs.uk
- People Hub (PH) send SLA, Honorary Practice document, Indemnity letter, blank timesheet to provider along with the process flowchart
- If first request, Provider to complete and return SLA, HP document and Indemnity letter to PH
- People Hub to scope availability Care Worker Reserves with shift details and location. PH to collate interest.
- PH to send name/s and Person Profile/s of Reserve/s to Provider
- Provider to review Person Profile and confirm which Care Reserve is being used via email to People Hub
- Provider to make contact with Care Reserve to book shifts and confirm with PH
- People Hub to send PH Deployment FAQ/handbook and timesheets to Care Reserve
- PH to request Provider sign-off timesheets and return on agreed dates after completion of shift.
- PH invoice provider (recharges via Midlands Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust finance team)
- Evaluation to Provider and Reserve.
Benefits for Providers
The ICS Health and Care People Team is hosted by Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and, as such, aligns to all MPFT’s policies, procedures and training compliance.
The Social Care Hub is part of the system-wide (health and social care) contingent workforce bank, and as such your organisation could have access to:
- NHS recruited and trained staff who have completed:
- Skills for Care endorsed Rapid Induction training
- Manual handling, Safeguarding, Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberties, Medicines Management, Personal Hygiene
- NHS statutory and mandatory training
- DBS checked.
There will be a Person Profile for each member of staff.
- Offer and Support Shadow shifts
- Support Flexible working patterns
- Request care workers to help fill your workforce gaps.
- The Social Care Hub:Is Cheaper than agency – charge Agenda for Change rates plus oncosts*
- Has No tie-in, no buy-out
- Will support your recruitment – try before you buy
- Offers a Health and Care People Team point of contact
A printable version of the Social hub flyer can be found below: