Community help points
What is a community help point?
Community help points are established and trusted places within communities such as libraries, voluntary organisations and/or community centres.
Help points will be:
- Located at an accessible place that people can visit on a regular basis i.e. library or community centre
- Able to share local knowledge and information
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to receive referrals via email
What do they do?
Community help points can help you to:
- Access information about local services or activities
- Become more confident in using the internet to help find information and solutions
- Access the Staffordshire County Council and Staffordshire Connects websites or share some of the important information in them with you if you can’t access them yourself
- Find out where to buy equipment and technology to make daily living easier.
Where are they?
There are community help points in every district across Staffordshire. The Staffordshire Connects website has a list of where to find the help points and how to contact them.
How can the help points be accessed?
You can access the help points by:
You can also visit the Support Staffordshire website to find out more about what’s happening in your local community, as well as opportunities for training and contact details for other organisations.