Roads and Highways
Highways: Keeping Staffordshire Moving
We work on road maintenance, major road restructuring and resurfacing projects, weather proofing and surface dressing. We ensure that the roads are kept in a safe condition throughout the year.
Scheduled road works
Gritting routes and grit bins
Report a problem
Licences and permits
View current road improvements
Vehicle access (dropped kerbs)
Sign up for alerts
You can now sign up for alerts via email. Our alerts system includes alerts about severe weather, planned county council roadworks, and a range of other county council services.
- You can view gritting routes on a map and also view grit bin locations. You can also find out more about winter driving and keeping safe this winter.
- Tuesday 30th December 2014
- Information on the additional pothole funding, including application form sent to the Department for Transport.
- Tuesday 27th May 2014
- Staffordshire County Council have been allocated additional funding for highway maintenance to be delivered by the summer of 2014.
- Thursday 22nd May 2014
- Further information regarding additional funding for highway maintenance.
- Monday 28th April 2014