Bus Passes for Older or Disabled Residents
Are you eligible?
To see if you qualify for a bus pass, check your qualifying date or look at the government's State Pension Calculator.
You may also qualify for a bus pass if you have a disability that would come under one of these categories.
Please note: The Staffordshire County Council area does not cover Stoke on Trent City. Residents of Stoke on Trent can find out about their concessionary bus passes on the Stoke City Council web site.
Where and when you can travel
Free travel in the Staffordshire County Council area is available at any time to anyone with a County Council issued bus pass when they board a local bus service anywhere in Staffordshire.
The bus pass also allows free travel in the rest of England between 9:30am and 11pm on Monday to Friday, and all day on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Apply, renew or replace online
If you want to apply for or renew a bus pass, the easiest way is to apply or renew online. You can also replace lost or stolen cards this way.
To apply, renew or replace online you will need:
- An email address (with their approval this can be an email address from friends or family)
- A webcam or a digital camera or an existing digital image
- Your old bus pass if you need a renewal
To apply in person you can go to your local library. Library staff will take your photo, process your application and post you your pass. The pass will take 7-10 working days to process.
To apply or renew in person you will need:
- Proof of your identity and proof of where you live
- Your current or expired pass if you need a renewal
- Proof of your disability if applying for a disabled pass.
- Proof of your age if applying for an older person's pass.
Frequently asked questions
For more information please visit our Frequently asked questions page.