Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Archive Service
Our collections can help you to find out more about the history of your family or your local community. We also provide a range of services to help you to explore the vast wealth of resources at your disposal, whether you are able to visit our record offices or are researching from a distance.
View information on our family history resources
Find out about planning a visit and opening hours
Search the online catalogue (Gateway to the Past)
View the guides to our sources
Find out about the William Salt Library
- On Saturday 18th May 2013 the fourteenth volume (Vol XI) of the Victoria County History was launched during a celebration event at Keele University. The volume covers covers North West Staffordshire including Trentham, Keele, Audley and surrounding areas. To mark the occasion the historian Dr Tristram Hunt MP delivered the Marc Fitch Lecture.
- Monday 20th May 2013
- We need your views on how Staffordshire should commemorate the First World War, and the peace which followed, during the centenary years of 2014-2019.
- Thursday 21st March 2013
- Staffordshire History Day is a huge success!The second History Day took place on Saturday 9 March and attracted 110 attendees and 20 local history societies. We listened to exciting speakers across a wide range of subjects, from aristocratic letter-writing in the sixteenth century and plundering civil war garrisons to the causes and effects of industrial pollution in the Black Country and Staffordshire poets. We also had the opportunity to engage with our local societies.
- Monday 18th March 2013
- Get ready for 2013 with the Archive Service and William Salt Library calendars!
- Monday 5th November 2012
- Archive Service takes part in groundbreaking project to preserve local websites for posterity through curated web archive.
- Tuesday 10th July 2012